Saturday, March 01, 2008

How far away is Tennessee?

I’m exited to get on with the next educational history episode. I had no idea that it would prompt an actual response or two (something that this blog has a hard time doing). I’ll get to that in the next 48 hours or so…

Until then, consider this question: what do the following (favorite) bands, June, and 6 hours have to do with each other?

Pearl Jam
Robert Plant and Alison Krauss Featuring T Bone Burnett
My Morning Jacket
Death Cab for Cutie
Sigur Ros
Ben Folds
The Bluegrass Allstars Feat. Luke Bulla, Sam Bush, Jerry Douglas (!!), Bela Fleck,
Iron & Wine
Broken Social Scene
Rilo Kiley
Aimee Mann
Jose Gonzalez

(less favorite, but still cool)
Metallica
Kanye West
Jack Johnson
The Allman Brothers Band
The Raconteurs
Willie Nelson
B.B. King
Ozomatli
Tegan & Sara
!!!
Jakob Dylan
Vampire Weekend

(plus dozens more...)

Bonnaroo. Which is apparently only about 6 hours south of here. I would love love love to go… I mean My Morning Jacket, Death Cab, Ben Folds, Iron and Wine, Jose Gonzalez and BSS all in one place? With Jerry Douglas to boot? And the chance to see two contemporary legends: Peal Jam and Metallica...AHHH!!! but tickets are like $250, plus camping/lodging expenses and food over the four days—a bit more than just petty cash. Especially if I am going to be buying one of these at roughly the same time…

I never went to Coachella when it was about the same distance away either.

Getting older stinks.

Blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment