Friday, May 20, 2011

Bonnaroo: final thoughts & photos

By Jon Stone - June 16, 2010

As promised, I'm back for one more Bonnaroo related post. Looking back on the my previous recaps and comparing them with other Bonnaroo related stuff from around the web, it looks as though more textual information probably isn't required. So I'll leave you, instead, with this collection of my snapshots and a video that captures more the excitement of a moment than it does display any shred of cinematographic talent (or a quality recording device, for that matter). Check out the Avett Brother's doing "Laundry Room" at their special Chase Freedom lounge performance (and the setlist) below.

Oh! -- there is one last thing. I failed to mention seeing a set from Lissie late on Saturday night. I think she's gonna be big. She has a huge voice -- a Bonnie Raitt to Brandi Carlile's Melissa Etheridge -- and plays a mean (and loud) guitar. She's touring the UK right now, and her album will drop there before we get it, but her performance now has me looking forward to that date, whenever it is.  



Distraction #74 / Laundry Room / Paranoia in B-Flat Major / January Wedding / Down With A Glistening Shine / Gimmeakiss (I think) / Signs / Love Like the Movies / The Fall / Pretty Girl From Cedar Lane
[gallery orderby="ID"]

No comments:

Post a Comment