Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Yesterday

I had one of those monumental days yesterday. So many good, little things happened that by the end of the day, I couldn't get the smile off my face. Here they are in list form:

1. A good Illinois friend tipped me off that single-day Lollapalooza tickets had gone on sale. I'd been waiting for this moment for months.

2. A few weeks ago, I had worked out with a great old friend from the SF days (who is now an incredible artist and designer--currently working through an MFA [or whatever they call it there] in graphic design at the illustrious Cranbrook near Detroit) that should said tickets go on sale, he would get one and we would meet in Chicago to bask in the Radioheadedness of it all). He did and we had a sweet, all-day conversation via IM.

3. Another best (AZ) friend of mine got the idea that coming to visit on that weekend would be a good idea. He could come see our Illinois digs and potentially see another best AZ friend who may very likely be in Chicago the same weekend as Lolla for internship interviews with some law firms. So, by the end of the day, not only did he buy plane tickets, but also now has a Lolla ticket in hand. It is going to be a party!

4. Early in the afternoon I got a call from my other other best AZ bud and he had won tickets to Weezer's Hootenanny show in Phoenix that was to take place later that night. Yesterday was also his birthday! Hootenanny was a special--jam with the band--kind of event. He called me after the show and said that he and his wife had an amazing experience. Read about it--and him!--here. I can't believe he got to rock that solo! That's him on the melodica!

5. This is a little thing, but the day ended with me and my kids dancing around the house to Coldplay's new (and I think really good) album Viva la Vida. Nothing like dancing with your kids to celebrate great days.

No comments:

Post a Comment