Tuesday, August 07, 2007

the arrival...

We made it. And not only did we make it, but we made it without any serious incident or occurrence and even managed to have a little fun along the way. I assume we will get some pictures up soon--my internet has only been working for about 4 hours.

Champaign is lovely. It reminds me a little of Logan and Cache Valley but without the mountains. The homes here are nice and many of them are older but very well kept. The town has almost everything that Tina could want by way of shopping. And the University, of course, is beautiful.

I don't have to do anything school related until next Wednesday, so the next week can be spent organizing our home and exploring the town.

We are in the process of switching our phone numbers and stuff...when I get all that worked out, I will send a mass email.

When we first arrived on Friday night we went out into our little backyard area and were greeted with little flame-like flashes of light. Fireflies. None of us had ever seen them before and their tiny beauty was a calming welcome to us.

off to explore...more soon.

3 comments:

  1. so glad you made it and are in good spirits. fire flies? AWESOME! :) I'm sure there will be many more new happinesses as the days go on..enjoy. glad to have you back online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with those fireflies. Little disappointed we didn't have them here. . . I grew up with them, so was hoping my Arizona born family could experience them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost cried when you started with the fireflies... they're one of my favorite things in the world, and I'm so happy you have them in your life :) Also, I can't wait to hear about your adventures in IL... when my dad heard you were in Champagne, he said "that's an excellent school!! good for him!" So I wanted to pass that along and tell you I'm so excited for you, Tina, Seth, Maryn and baby Jonas. Say hi to them all for me and give them my best! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete